Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why should black hat seo be avoided?

Black hat SEO is a very easy method used for climbing u the charts of search engines. Earlier, these methods were not considered irrational as it was not practices for any odd reason. But, when people started using these ways to move up the ladder quickly but once you get caught performing these methods, you will end up getting penalized and your site blacklisted from the search pages as well as the internet. A few traits of this type of SEO (i.e. search engine optimization) methods are - no adherence to guidelines of search engines, returning undesired results to users and no format of presenting the right info to customers and search engines.

These methods may give relief for a particular time period and may get your site a good rank but in the long run it will only harm you and your future prospects. We have only been mentioning the words “techniques” and “methods”. But, what are these Black Hat SEO methods? Let us understand them and why they are harmful for our sites.

The first method is known as keywords stuffing. It is basically a way of utilizing too many keywords without any informative content which will not help a site to stand on a search engine for too long. It may never be able achieve the goal of getting the right customers. On the contrary, it will get the site banned or penalized for using such immoral methods for going up the charts as there are a certain number of keywords that can be used within a given page. This guideline chalked out by the search engines that are expected to be followed by any site owner who wants his website up and running.

The second method is known as using keywords and phrases which are not visible to the naked eye. The text on the keywords is written in the same color as the backdrop, it is mainly done for the search spiders to pick up the keywords and get them a higher ranking. However, this is a bad way of getting people to view your site as it has not gone through proper channels and without sufficient substance to it.

The third point is the usage of doorway pages made especially to crawl up the search pages. These pages are not real and they are made on HTML with a number of keywords. This page is never visible to a user, a customer or user will be directed automatically to the website once he clicks on the link. This way of link building is very risky and punishable once caught for it. You will lose your reputation as well as your website.

These methods only work for a short while and may get your site to the top, but some time or the other this will catch up and get your site in the bad books of the search engines. So, it’s advisable to use safe and straight methods of SEO for your site. You can hire the services of a SEO expert who uses the genuine method. So, avoid playing with your future ever again.

17 comments:

  1. [...] Philipp Lenssen wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptBlack hat SEO is a very easy method used for climbing u the charts of search engines. Earlier, these methods were not considered irrational as it was not practices for any odd reason. But, when people started using these ways to move up … [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these types of SEO Black Hat tricks are unethical, but there are some that are ethical to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please visit my business and fashion jewelry blog http://www.wholesalesarong.com/blog/ when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your good humor and for allowing yourself to be convinced that this was the right show for you to work on. Please come visit my site North Carolina address directory when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, I think it could be interesting to add some more entries following this one, and probably it's not only me having this opinion. Cheers! Please come visit my site New York address directory when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your site on google, great site, keep it up. Will return in the future. Submitted this post to Google News Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fort Wayne Business DirectoryJune 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM

    I found your blog on google and read a few Thanks for the information you mentioned here, I'm looking forward to see your future posts. Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baton Rouge Business DirectoryJune 22, 2009 at 8:46 PM

    I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here. Will be back often to read more updates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, you just earned yourself an entry in my feed reader, great blog. I would love some feedback on my site events marketing when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah it is a great and nice article looking forward to have such article it is so useful. Please come visit my site when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. excavation contractorsJuly 26, 2009 at 10:23 PM

    Since I’m new to blogging, these articles are greatly appreciated; very useful and informative blog and every body must visit this blog. Please come visit my site when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. youth organizationsJuly 29, 2009 at 3:07 AM

    I usually don’t leave comments!!! Trust me! But I liked your blog…especially this post! Would you mind terribly if I put up a backlink from my site to your site?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I recently installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my new laptop which came with Windows. I have being using ubuntu for the last 7 months since I had accidentally deleted Windows from my old laptop and couldn't fix it back. But now that I have Windows back, I do use it more, but still keep Ubuntu, but in the boot menu Ubuntu is ALWAYS above Windows, so when I turn my laptop on, I have to wait and select Windows before the 10 sec run out. Which is I forget forces me to restart my PC... wasting my time. How do I re-arrange the boot-menu? I don't mind if I have to do it through Windows or through Ubuntu. Please help!

    _____________________
    #1 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmaPuVvat-s]world of warcraft warlock guide[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrbG1hJFEw]automated forex trading software[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwoxWMIyhRU]iphone 3gs unlock[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ9ld5h-qYE]unlock iphone 3g[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trying to speed up my computer and have the following running at Start-Up. I have almost no idea what they do and was hoping someone could tell me if I can disable. igfxtray, hkcmd, MSASCui, GrooveMonitor, Reader_sl, qttask, iTunesHelper, ctfmon, GoogleToolbarNotifier.



    ________________
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmaPuVvat-s]wow blood elf quest guide[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrbG1hJFEw]fap turbo forex robot[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwoxWMIyhRU]Movistar unlock iphone 3g[/url] [url=http://unlockiphone3g.jimdo.com/]unlock iphone[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please help my comp got a virus!



    ________________
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmaPuVvat-s]wow skinning guide[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrbG1hJFEw]fap turbo expert[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwoxWMIyhRU]how to unlock an iphone[/url] [url=http://unlockiphone3g.jimdo.com/]unlock iphone[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  17. what is cystic fibrosisSeptember 21, 2009 at 4:38 AM

    Awesome! I have read a lot on this topic, but you definitely give it a good vibe. This is a great post. Will be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete